Holy Shit! Visions of the Walworth Jumpers

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Cesars Awards "Revelations" - translation




This is the translation for the French Cesar awards "revelations" video. It is not perfect, I am not a professional translator, but I am french and that helps! Enjoy (bar one or two mistakes or misses!)


"Body and Soul"
Look at me at this very instant naked,
free in body and spirit,
blaming only myself for the pressure I put myself under,
I surrender body and soul,
untainted again, I am whole,
I go back to chaos,
my DNA scattered for ever, I enter the dance,
escaping from myself,
my art will be to act,
In your dreams I will become flesh
I will make words subtly resound, 
Like fruits under my tongue,
I give you my skin,
Torn apart, incensed, content with tears and laughter,
You would be breathless with cries, light, with the crowd…
I want to be brunk
Your “impossible”, your “unrevealed”
?
Come cold or stage freight, uncertain times,
I will remain deaf to the sellers of puff,
I have faith, I dive in,
at this very instant naked, free in body and soul
I surrender body and soul,
Look at me, look at me,
The road is free

Laurent de Bartillat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.