Holy Shit! Visions of the Walworth Jumpers

Monday 18 October 2010

Drinks that never tasted so Bitter

Image courtesy of Valerie Pezeron. Copyright Valoche designs 2009. Do no t reproduce without permission

These are my best attempt at advertising art. These original drawings I made for an advertising agency's campaign I was hired to work for did not make the cut and I was asked to change the look and feel until my style was unrecognizable and very run of the mill average!

Image courtesy of Valerie Pezeron. Copyright Valoche designs 2009. Do no t reproduce without permission


Food is very challenging a subject and I feel more comfortable with people and objects. I think an illustrator needs to know what s/he is good at and stick to it! But will I ever get caught in this situation again? Nope! I learned a great deal from the experience. Basically this is what happens when account managers get involved in the creative process. These people work for the benefit of their clients and that is that. Get the contract very clear right from the beginning!  I can't complain on the money I earned from it at the time! But  I hated every minute of it and my porfolio/ reputation did not benefit from the experience. And then I got screwed on the licensing...I guess all jobbing creatives have had their fair share of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.